... are best explained with the concrete example of the Stabilo swing cool highlighter, for which the turnover was increased by 30%.
1. Definition of growth strategy and target group
Based on the analysis of all available data we define together with you …
- the most success promising growth strategy (conversion, loyalty, frequency, penetration)
- the target group and target group segments in particular that need to be addressed (i.e. customers of competitive brands, own customers, non-user of the category)
- the sociodemographic and psychographic characteristics that best describe the target group and target group segments
In the case of Stabilo, loyalty and conversion were defined as the most success promising growth strategies.
The target groups that needed to be addressed were disloyal users who often switch between Stabilo and competitive brands as well as users who used only competitive brands. Both target groups were frequent users of highlighters, students aged between 10 and 23.
2. Identification of the biggest buying barriers
Together we brainstorm and formulate all potential barriers that might be preventing the defined target group from buying your brand. Afterwards, we prioritize these barriers in a qualitative or quantitative research with the target group.
In the case of Stabilo, a total of 35 buying barriers were generated and tested in three focus groups.
The five biggest barriers achieved Top 2 Box-agreements between 67% and 71%.
3. Identification of the most convincing power insights
Together we generate with you all emotional and rational advantages of your brand that could potentially help overcome the biggest buying barriers. We call them power insights. Afterwards, we prioritize these power insights in a qualitative or quantitative research with the target group.
In the case of Stabilo, a total of 29 power insights were developed and tested in three focus groups.
The seven most convincing power insights achieved Top 2 Box-agreements between 83% and 96%.
4. Identification of the most convincing brand- or communication story (concept)
Based on the most convincing power insights we develop preference-generating concepts (brand- or communication stories). Afterwards, we prioritize these concepts in a qualitative or quantitative research with the target group.
In the case of Stabilo, six concepts were developed and tested in three focus groups.
The winning concept achieved a Top 2 Box-buying-intention of 95%.
5. Deduction of clear recommendations for implementing the concept
Building on the previous steps we give you clear and concrete recommendations on how and where the project’s take-outs should be worked into your communication.
In the case of Stabilo, the following recommendations were made:
6. Upon request – creative execution of the communication strategy in all channels
If you wish, we implement the jointly developed findings in all marketing- and sales activities – be it offline or online.
In the case of Stabilo, the main results were implemented in a TV-Copy, at the POS as well as in print ads.