Insights in our findings
Biggest buying barriers towards Aspirin Plus C, qualified with non-users
- Aspirin Plus C is not the first choice, because the active substance is diluted in water so the efficacy is not perceived to be strong enough
- Low recommendation-rate, because recommenders such as pharmacists lacked a clear story while they had enough stories to recommend competition (good even for those with a sensitive stomach, faster, etc.).
Most convincing Power Insights to overcome the barriers, qualified with non-users
- The well-known visual of the Aspirin Plus C tablet dissolving in a glass of water, had to be combined with the effectiveness of the drug
- All painkillers, that gradually dissolve in the stomach (as the most competitor products) are slow in progress. However Aspirin Plus C dissolves in water and therefore enters quickly into the bloodstream and eliminates the pain much faster
- The vitamin C acts as a catalyst, which speeds up the dissolving of the tablet
Based on the strongest Power Insights we developed a preference-generating positioning concept. This concept was the foundation for the new Aspirin Plus C campaign, including a TV spot, as well as online and offline media.